I would like to see this application on Windows Phone ...

Instagram

While there are several unofficial apps in the marketplace, none of them allows you to upload photos.

1,519 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    hurt211hurt211 shared a merged idea: instagram app  ·   · 
    AlexisAlexis shared a merged idea: instagram  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Instagram & Untappd  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: give us Instogram or better facebook apps  ·   · 

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is already a request for Instagram on this site, with many more votes. Please find it and register your interest there.

• GuignardsGuignards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NVM i did some research into it, and the problem is Instagram themselves. they do not currently let you signup for Instagram unless you own a Iphone or Android.
        This is the downfall of Instagram, not Windows.

• GuignardsGuignards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is that Instagram themselves needs to make the "instagram app" but im working on a various app that will be able to communicate and log into your instagram and basically do everything you do on instagram for Iphone but it cant be called Instagram for political reasons

its stupid, i know :(

• JonathanJonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That or get Instagram to open up some public APIs for 3rd party developer access. Maybe for a small fee if they really wanna push it. Instagram. Is. Needed.

• Dmitry ManayevDmitry Manayev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instagram is really cool app, first i came to know about it in January, but I was surprised to find out that there is no client for WP7 and in the middle of January I started to work on it. So now you can use InstaCam, it's grown quite popular within the first days. There are some defects of course, but I'm working on fixing them.
        Anyway I would be glad to hear about the official Instagram application and would love to help creating it.

• DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have both a WP7 phone and an Iphone 4S. My primary phone is the Lumia 800, but the only reason why I haven't given up my 4S is because of instagram. I really wish, Microsoft can convince the guys of Instagram to port their app to WP7. The current instagram clone - Bubblegum doesn't cut it.

• smashpOpsmashpOp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order to gain userbase quickly, Microsoft can strike a deal with Instragam and get them onboard. With that app, many iPhone & Android users will jump right onto the WP platform.

• Bil SimserBil Simser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've spoken directly with the Instagram CEO and they're not white-listing any apps right now to allow either uploading or creating users. I have an app done (Photogram http://www.simstools.com) but can't release it.

• Simone ChiarettaSimone Chiaretta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reason is that Instagram doesn't allow 3rd party to upload pics, just show them. So it must be Instagram itself to develop the app

Feedback and Knowledge Base