I would like to see this application on Windows Phone ...

Pandora

There are alerady two great 3rd party apps for Pandora, but it'd be great to have an official client too!

253 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Peter LaudatiPeter Laudati shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ScottAdminScott (Admin, Scott Dorman) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, declined requests can continue to get votes. The "declined" status just indicates the company has officially stated they don't have current plans to support Windows Phone.

• Peter LaudatiPeter Laudati commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@GregW - GREAT job on Radio Controlled! Been using a it a lot since Pandora is dissing on the platform. I do run into times when it stops playing randomly and won't restart. Not sure if it's a Pandora API thing or an app thing. The UI is fantastic... especially w/the V2 changes you made.

Question... does your app report back to Pandora its name when a user tunes in? Perhaps that would enable Pandora to see how much usage they're getting from WP7 and reconsider.

• ScottAdminScott (Admin, Scott Dorman) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It definately looks like Pandora is not planning on developing an app for Windows Phone. Hopefully, if the votes continue for this request we can change their minds. If not, we will need to consider an alternative to Pandora (such as Last.fm or or use one of the unoficial apps (currently Metro Radio and Radio Controlled).

Here is the response I just received from Pandora Support:

xxxxx | Pandora

FEB 11, 2012 | 12:21PM PST

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your interest in having Pandora on Windows Phone 7. We are not developing an app at this time, but we will definitely keep it in mind while planning our product priorities for the future.

Here is a list of mobile devices that currently support Pandora: http://www.pandora.com/#!/go/mobile

Thanks so much for listening to Pandora!

• Hank BHank B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe WP7 users should just drop these guys and support the other radio apps that *do* care enough to make WP7 apps - Last.FM, Slacker, ...

• Greg WGreg W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They've been updating the API to enforce their policies, such as skip list limits and country restrictions. The main thing now is skip limits, which I am enforcing in Radio Controlled. If you go over the limit on either Metro Radio or Radio Controlled both apps will stop working for the day since lockouts are based on login, and not the app itself. If you have problems please send me an email from inside Radio Controlled and I'd love to work with you to resolve it.

• cruisezerocruisezero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The 3rd party Pandora app keep breaking due to change in Pandora's API's. We need something solid from them. The ones on the market designwise are awesome. Maybe Pandora just needs to hire them to create an official app.

• Greg WGreg W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm the Radio Controlled developer. Are there any features you'd like to see added that you think are missing?

• Dennis NDennis N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MetroRadio is available and is better than my official Pandora app on the iPod/iPhone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base