I would like to see this application on Windows Phone ...

Sonos Remote Control

Just like the iOS client we need a complete Sonos controller on WP7. And make sure they foresee a Windows 8 compatible version too for the slate devices ;-)

683 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WesleyBWesleyB shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows Phone 8 app and Windows RT app definitely a major missing element in what is otherwise one if not the most complete, functional and "just plain honest" consumer devices on the market. Sonos technology "says what it does" on the marketing and "then does exactly what it said" when you get it home. Its easier than squeezebox to set up and use, its cheaper than a premium permanent install whole house music system. Windows support (and Xbox music pass support!) is its only gap!! Whats up - have you fallen out with Microsoft?

• Craig MilburnCraig Milburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is now a "Brand X" app called Phonos to control your Sonos equipment from a Windows phone. It has most, but not all, the functionality of the Sonos application but also lacks the "look and feel" of a genuine Sonos app. However, you can control the Sonos System with your Windows phone! Costs $5 which I think is inexpensive but others may not. So (1) there is enough of a market for someone to try to make a living there, and (2) Sonos should take note. (I thought Phonos stood for "Phony Sonos", but the buisness says it stands for "Phone Sonos". - ha)

Since I bought my Sonos equipment I am hoping that a WP app would come out soon. This is now taking so long that I doubt if Sonos works against the right set of priorities.

• CarstenCarsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really would love to move to a Sonos system but without a WP7/8 controller app this wouldn't make sense for me (won't replace all smartphones/devices in the family "just because" of a music system)

Please hurry up with the SONOS app for Windows Phone 8 . Starting to get very successfull. Even more in combi with Sonos

Definitely need a Windows Phone 7 and Windows 8 app for Sonos...please don't ignore the single biggest user group on the planet by providing only partial support to the platform (no Windows Phone 7).

Please release a Windows Phone7 or 8 Sonos application. The aftermarket alternative sucks and deprecates the Sonos experience.

Please release Sonos for Windows Phone 7.5 and Windows Phone 8, then you can easily port to Windows 8

• DeclanDeclan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 3 sonos zones, had planned on installing another 2 this winter and one in the garden next summer.

All on hold now as I have to use my old iPhone 4 and not my new windows phone

Come on this is very poor from Sonos

• J NcikelJ Ncikel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the recent Samsing V Apple ruling I would expect to see more focus turn to Windows phone to avoid liability. I am one of the many holding on a Sonos purchase until there is a WIn Phone app of the same quality as Android.

+ 1 over here... We need one for the Nokia platform in general and Window Mobile. I am holding back on purchasing additional components to build out a system if this does not get on the to-do list

• SotirisSotiris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah we need sonos on windows phone 7.5 mango. There are sure people that tried to search for sonos app's in microsoft's marketplace, but didn't reach to the point of finding other way or reaching that site and writing their opinions. WE NEED ONE! :"D

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base